The renovation of the Coliseum is intended to:
- Ensure that the game-day experience provides all fans options to enjoy the stadium’s new amenities while recognizing the loyalty of our long-time fans.
- Provide our football team with a first-class facility and a tremendous home field advantage.
- Create long-term revenue streams so that USC Athletics can sustain its excellence across ALL sports for generations to come.
- And, of course, to preserve the historical integrity of the Coliseum.
- Replacing every seat in the stadium and installing handrails throughout the stadium.
- Adding aisles, widening seats and increasing legroom in many sections.
- Building a new structure on the south side of the stadium that will include suites, loge boxes, club seats, a new concourse, and a new press box.
- Restoring the iconic peristyle to more closely resemble the stadium’s original design.
- Updating/installing Wi-Fi technology throughout the venue.
- Improving audio and video, including two new large screens at the east end of the stadium.
- Adding new concession stands, and improving existing stands.
- Upgrading entry concourses.
- Installing new field and stadium lighting.
- Replacing the electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems to meet current standards.